Spacing of titles and text in a \book

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Spacing of titles and text in a \book
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2018 08:59:34 -0400

Greetings -

I've been using LilyPond for a long time now, and *really* like it. I transcribe and transpose classical music and fiddle tunes for myself and friends.

I'm running LilyPond 2.19.81 with Frescobaldi 3.0.0 under Linux/Ubuntu 18.04.1.

I'm putting together a collection of fiddle tunes, and I've run into a spacing problem. I've tried to make a MWE, but it's still sort of long.

I'm having difficulties with the spacing. The title of the Collection and the title of the first tune are closer than I like, and the distance between a line of text after a tune and the title of the next tune is close enough that it sometimes looks like the text goes with the following tune. Any suggestions for an easy, preferably \book -wide solution?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer