Re: landscape printing and viewing

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: landscape printing and viewing
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 00:55:36 +0200

On 09.09.2018 23:13, David Kastrup wrote:
Kieren MacMillan<address@hidden>  writes:
Hi Martin,
\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "a4" 'landscape)
}
If I’m not mistaken, the correct incantation is

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "a4landscape")
}
That sets_only_  the papersize, not the orientation.  For the screen it
might be what you want.  Whether your printer driver is smart enough to
figure out what you want is a different question then.

It has to be, doesn’t it? #(set-paper-size "a4landscape" 'landscape) doesn’t help, because then it’s displayed wrong by both evince and PyQtPdfViewer (I don’t know its exact name, the one in Frescobaldi…). Can’t test printing right now. Although: I get furious every time I feed an A4 page into a normal copy machine (at my university) the wrong way and the damn thing isn’t able to figure it out, but goes exactly with the orthogonal relation and creates a cropped print. This is 2018, man… and that’s still happening.

Best, Simon