Re: [Frescobaldi] convert-ly don't work in 3.0.1 in Windows

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] convert-ly don't work in 3.0.1 in Windows
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 16:24:29 +0200

Il giorno mar 11 set 2018 alle 2:06, Urs Liska <address@hidden> ha scritto:

This is exactly a spot I'm currently working on (how Frescobaldi handles external jobs). I will have a look into how convert-ly is called too.

OK, I have put my hands on the code that calls convert-ly (https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/commit/ab9cda16d96564a86fd2580c05d3ec86c63b7e51) .

It turns out that indeed Frescobaldi just invokes 'convert-ly' (with the absolute path, according to the current LilyPond version) without any notion of Python2/Python3.

On Linux this is a shell script that explicitly starts the Python bundled with LilyPond,

I don't know what exactly happens with this on Windows, but I think it *should* work, since it relies on what is bundled with LilyPond, not the Python3 from Frescobaldi.

No, it cannot work in Windows, because Linux installers provide the lilypond-wrapper.LANGUAGE bash scripts, while there's not such a thing for Windows. It's the problem I'm currently trying to work around to make lilypond-invoke-editor work on Windows.
It's a GUB problem, see:
https://github.com/gperciva/gub/blob/master/sourcefiles/lilypond-sharhead.sh#L208

$ ls -l /usr/local/bin/convert-ly
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 38 1 ago 16.06 /usr/local/bin/convert-ly -> /usr/local/bin/lilypond-wrapper.python

$ cat /usr/local/bin/lilypond-wrapper.python
#!/bin/sh
export PYTHONPATH="/usr/local/lilypond/usr/lib/lilypond/current/python:/usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/python:$PYTHONPATH"
export GUILE_LOAD_PATH="/usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lilypond/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
me=`basename $0`
exec "/usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/python" "/usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/$me" "$@"