Re: Cover page

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: Cover page
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 15:09:57 -0700 (MST)

Simon Albrecht-2 wrote
> Maybe. LaTeX becomes less of a good choice the more you actually want to
> design the visuals. In a scientific paper, looks don’t matter at all,
> it’s only about the content; that’s where LaTeX is perfect, no doubt. If
> you’re going to design a poster, LaTeX is most certainly not the tool of
> choice, because you want to have total control over where everything is
> placed; visuals are essential.
> A cover page is somewhere inbetween, but further to the poster side, I’d
> say.

Interesting. The total control of the layout is very important for me to
achieve this task.
Especially for the cover which (I agree with you) I'd like to be more of a
poster than a simple text...
Maybe it is worth a try using LP and the markups for this... Although I'm a
little worried that no one seems to use it that way!