Re: Sample document to show music fonts

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: Sample document to show music fonts
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 09:11:07 -0700 (MST)

tisimst wrote
> My 2 cents...
>
> A font preview is a font preview and the best, in my opinion, are those
> that show something in a practical context. In this case, an image of a
> single or grand staff showing 2-3 bars of a marginally interesting looking
> passage would be much more representative of what actual music would look
> like than a simple string or matrix of glyphs, though there's nothing
> wrong
> with that either.

I totally agree with that. I also find better to choose a font in a musical
context.
Exactly like for a text font, one cannot see how it works if you see it
glyph by glyph, you need to see words, sentences, paragraphs...
Urs, the preview you sent looks very interesting, may I ask what this will
be achieving exactly?