Re: error on SystemStartDelimeterHierarchy snippet 2.19.82

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: error on SystemStartDelimeterHierarchy snippet 2.19.82
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 09:51:15 +0200

> On 2018-09-21 8:11 pm, Juan Cristóbal Cerrillo wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> This snippet (Notation Reference 1.6.1) works fine on 2.18.2-1 but is
>> incorrect on 2.19.82-1 (the SystemStartSquare on staff b vanishes).
>>
>> \new StaffGroup
>> \relative c'' <<
>>   \set StaffGroup.systemStartDelimiterHierarchy
>>     = #'(SystemStartSquare (SystemStartBrace (SystemStartBracket a
>>                              (SystemStartSquare b)  ) c ) d)
>>   \new Staff { c1 }
>>   \new Staff { c1 }
>>   \new Staff { c1 }
>>   \new Staff { c1 }
>>   \new Staff { c1 }
>> >>

> What's happening is that the default "collapse-height" is set such that
> grouping braces/brackets/etc. will not normally show when they only contain
> a single staff.
>
> Try adding in this something like this:
>
> %%%%
> \override StaffGroup.SystemStartSquare.collapse-height = #0
> %%%%
>
> -- Aaron Hill

Hi Juan,

thanks for your finding.

In 2.18.2 the collapse-height for SystemStartSquare was not set.
This oversight is corrected in 2.19.

Ofcourse, if we provide examples in the docs they should work as expected...

Said snippet is a doc-tagged one from LSR.
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=397
Thus, I added
\override StaffGroup.SystemStartSquare.collapse-height = #4
to it.
With next LSR-import it will be availabe in the docs.

A few lines above in NR there's the section "Display bracket with only
one staff in a system", explaing collapse-height .
So I took the numeric value from there, without adding further comments.

Thanks,
  Harm