Re: Style question: lead-and-chorus music

From: Vaughan McAlley
Subject: Re: Style question: lead-and-chorus music
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 13:59:31 +1100

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018, 11:07 Christopher R. Maden, <address@hidden> wrote:
I’ve just released an album of sea chanteys (as threatened like a year
ago).  I’m giving away a songbook with my arrangements — since I had to
make MIDI guide tracks for the recording anyway, why not?

I’m struggling, though, with how best to engrave them.  There are 3 to 6
voices in each chorus, and putting them all on one staff is messy, but
making a proper ChoirStaff seems overkill.

I’d welcome any advice (especially since I think of this as a showcase
for LilyPond) — the album home page is <URL:
http://music.maden.org/index.php?title=Shower_Chanteys >, and each track
link goes to a page with links to the LilyPond source, PDF, and MIDI
output (for the first 11 tracks, so far).

Thanks in advance,
crism
--
Chris Maden, text nerd