Re: Changing clef automatically when pitch falls between a user-defined

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Changing clef automatically when pitch falls between a user-defined range of pitches
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 08:28:23 -0700

On 2018-10-18 7:21 am, elmeri wrote:
This also needs to work for \transpose'd music.

I missed that line. \transpose could be tricky to support if one wanted both...

  \transpose a b { \autoClef { ... } }

  \autoClef { \transpose a b { ... } }

...to work the same. The latter is much simpler since \autoClef can directly work with the music provided since the \transpose is contained within its input. The former would require \autoClef to defer its processing until some later time, since it would not know if it is being transposed. At that point, I think you'd be looking at building a custom engraver, which is not something I have any experience with. Perhaps the folks on the list who do have that experience could comment as to the feasibility.

-- Aaron Hill