Re: Configuration Point & Click

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Configuration Point & Click
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 09:20:45 +0100

Il giorno gio 31 gen 2019 alle 22:03, foxfanfare <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Thank you both for you help.

Federico Bruni-2 wrote
 How did you install lilypond? From Arch repository? Or from
 lilypond.org installer (the .sh file)?

Yes I did install Lilypond directly through arch repository via pacman. cat
`which lilypond-invoke-editor` returns
#!/usr/bin/guile1.8 -s
!#
;;;; lilypond-invoke-editor.scm -- Invoke an editor in file:line:column mode

Should I uninstall it and make the install differently in order to be able
to call a vim file after clicking on a textedit link?

No.

Federico Bruni-2 wrote
 Please paste the output of these two commands (if you don't have
 /etc/hostname, replace it with another text file you can read):

$ echo $LYEDITOR
vim '+call cursor(%(line)s, %(column)s)' %(file)s

$ xdg-open textedit:///etc/hostname:1:1:2
It is working, writing my hostname in vim.

For a test purpose I tried uninstalling the script
lilypond-invoke-editor.desktop from the manual and then I get the message:
/usr/bin/xdg-open: line 881: x-www-browser : command not found

So my conclusion is that archlinux users would have to follow the Gnome 3
instructions from the documentation.

You gave confusing information. You said that it worked, then it didn't work and now that it worked :-)

I tried to stress that you need to split the configuration in two parts. The first part is telling the system that textedit:// URIs should be handled by lilypond-invoke-editor.desktop. This part is working well.

What is not working yet is the vim command defined in LYEDITOR variable.
Try following David's suggestions about vim server mode.