Re: Selectively remove some staves consisting only of rests

From: Reggie
Subject: Re: Selectively remove some staves consisting only of rests
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 14:48:13 -0700 (MST)

Hi Reggie,

> I would also want to know how to do this basic layout setting which all
> other notation Programs have done since the dawning of time.

That claim seems hyperbolic, and almost certainly not true. (If I recall
correctly, NoteWriter v1 didn’t have any such ability.) In any case, saying
such a thing is totally unnecessary and ultimately unhelpful; it might be
best to avoid adding that kind of commentary in future posts.

* Ok. I should have said differently.

> You shouldn't have to sacrifice the entire score hiding staves for this

You don’t have to; I select staves and have them appear and disappear as
desired all the time.

* Then why can't Andrew? Why did he post in the first place? Why is a hack
the only answer solution?

> Lilypond is so bizarre sometimes with things.

A totally useless and inflammatory comment.

* Respect, but there are many things in Lilypond code that is bizarre and
confusing. Even those who work on the code have said in the past posts that
certain areas of the program are in need. It comes up every now and again.
You think that 100% of Lilypond makes total logical sense "under the hood"
and also in the user's viewpoint? Surely that's hyperbolic as you say. :)
But ok.

> Why is it not easy to select staves to hide and they hide?

It is easy. You just don’t know how to do it.

* Andrew does not know how to do it either. So now what?