Re: How to fix this divisi please

From: Reggie
Subject: Re: How to fix this divisi please
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 17:04:27 -0700 (MST)

Valentin Villenave-3 wrote
> On 2/6/19, Reggie <

> reegistoop@

> > wrote:
>> Hi. I have put together as much as I can to truly do my best. I hope I am
>> able to get some help to learn why I am wrong. I have a few questions.
>> One,
>> how can I input notes in Violin in the empty measures below divisisi?
>
> Well, you’re using something a bit unusual : you’re actually starting
> a new StaffGroup _inside_ the variable that’s normally used for a
> single staff (your first violins) alone.
> It’s not impossible, but it’s still a bit hasardous.
>
> So, if you want your "main" Violin1 to keep playing while all of this
> is happening, you have to include it as a simultaneous voice, like I
> did in the corrected version of your code below.
>
>> Finally, how can I create a violin 1 part so each part shows the violin 1
>> and then only the "appropriate" divisi for each part only? I don't
>> understand this engraver at all.
>
> OK, this is where it become tricky. Because of your rather unusual
> hack, _all_ of the divisi part are stored in _one_ variable (where we
> usually prefer to define lots of different variables, and then use
> these whenever we want).

One more thing. I wanted the markup center instrument name for Violin 1 a4
div which you did perfect. But, you say I hackish a bit with making the
StaffGroup in my violin variable. Well, how else would you be able to center
a instrument name like you did if it wasn't a StaffGroup? What if I kept all
instrument staffs separate and added them instead? How could you hide all
instrument  names and replace with centered a4 divisi without Group? I feel
like I did not bad :))

Please. in a simple MWE how can you have a group of string staffs like that
without StaffGroup but also have shortInstrumentName = \markup
\center-column {Vl. "(div. a 4)"} for each staff line separate?