Re: Notation for string portamento

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: Notation for string portamento
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 13:21:05 +0100

 Andrew Bernard wrote:

Thanks for this. I came up with the same thing. But, my score is very
tight, and grace notes take up space and tend to push positioning around.

You want a straight bendBefore.
My bends use glyphs, and repeatGliss uses \grace.

But starting from Nathan's version of scoop
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-01/msg01191.html
I've cobbled together something polar in the attached jib.ly.

It doesn't push anything around, but it may collide.

Cheers,
Robin