Re: Creating custom articulation using regular text font

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Creating custom articulation using regular text font
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 13:07:43 -0700

Hi, Urs!

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 10:41 AM Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Jan-Peter,

thank you very much, this was exactly what I needed!
And your solution came *exactly* in the moment when I had to decide
whether I should skip the three affected snippets instead of including
them in the upcoming set for review :-)

Best
Urs

Am 20.02.19 um 18:25 schrieb Jan-Peter Voigt:
> Hi Urs,
>
> in an articulation event the font is emmentaler and not a normal one.
> So in the trill-list part you have to switch back to normal text with
> \markup \normal-text "T"

To expound further upon what Jan-Peter pointed out, the real culprit here is that the 'font-encoding property is rightfully set to 'fetaMusic, but since none of the fonts tied to this encoding have "T" in it, thus the failure. To have it print characters from a text font, the encoding must be changed to 'latin1 instead, as a bare minimum. \normal-text does this under the covers in addition to setting some other useful font properties (i.e., font-family = roman, font-shape = upright, font-series = medium), but just thought I'd share *why* this works for posterity.

Best,
Abraham