Re: Modifying Stencil for Clef

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Modifying Stencil for Clef
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 12:07:50 +0000

On Fri, 2019-02-22 at 23:00 +1100, Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> This came up in relation to something I was doing only a week or so
> ago. Have a look here:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2019-02/msg00297.htm
Thank you!
It seems I have to prefix the layout object Clef with Staff. So

\version "2.18.2"
{
  c'
  \once \override Staff.Clef.stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
  \once \override Staff.Clef.text = \markup{T}
  \clef bass
  c'
}

works as expected. As I'm trying to make a general tool here, could
someone explain why this is needed - I see I can prefix Dots with Staff
and Staff.Accidental is ok too, though not needed.

Richard