Re: Gvim and lilypond and emacs

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: Gvim and lilypond and emacs
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 15:23:10 -0700 (MST)

Andrew Bernard wrote
> I am beginning to think a more extensive section on setting up point and
> click is needed in the manual. Perhaps when I comprehend it and deal with
> all the matters like 'press ENTER ...' appearing every time I click the
> PDF
> and so on I could draft something. I'd still be using emacs but my current
> string quartet score of only 60 pages makes even emacs in lilypond mode
> slow down to the point of unusability, ten or fifteen seconds to position
> the cursor, on  a very fast computer workstation.

I agree, the manual isn't easy to understand on that point... Where do you
get your "press enter" messages, in your PDF viewer or in gvim?

I managed to get rid of all the messages and confirmation between vim and
zathura. You can check this thread if you already haven't:  Configuration
Point & Click
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Configuration-Point-amp-Click-td219489.html>

It seems to be the season of getting working point and click with some basic
text editor :-) I also liked very much frescobaldi but I had the same
problem as you mentioned, a huge latency when the project gets larger... I
hope simple text editor will solve that issue for me...