Re: Frescobaldi

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 12:48:42 +0100

Am 26.02.19 um 08:55 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
Hi Martin,

The problem is that the Frescobaldi Yahoo Groups group is moribund, and people are forced to ask questions here.

It's a Google group, but the assessment is correct.

Is see no issue with that. I don't think anyone has complained. I don't even know if this list has a moderator anyway.

More often it happens that people ask questions on the Frescobaldi list that are actually LilyPond questions - which is a pity because chances are much less to get answers to these on the Frescobaldi list.

In theory you can discern between questions pertaining to using LilyPond and specific questions about Frescobaldi. But I don't think one should give users the responsibility to reliably make that distinction - especially as sometimes that only becomes clear through the discussion itself.

From my perspective it would be even better to drop the Frescobaldi Googlegroups mailing list altogether. Most questions can conveniently and more efficiently be discussed on lilypond-user while for most of the remaining Frescobaldi-specific questions the issue tracker on Github seems appropriate and sufficient anyway.

Urs

Andrew