Edition-engraver and page-layout module

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Edition-engraver and page-layout module
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 23:22:30 +1100

Are these modules incompatible with each other? I naively imagined I could use both. only to find out the combination does not work after a day of debugging, and I have narrowed it down to the fact tha putting \editionID in the Score context makes the page-layout module stop working.

I suppose page-layout is written using the edition-engraver. So am I trying something fundamentally stupid?

Andrew