Re: Markup beyond the final barline

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Markup beyond the final barline
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 10:14:36 +0100

Hi Mark,

Am 15.03.19 um 10:08 schrieb Mark Knoop:
At 08:44 on 15 Mar 2019, Urs Liska wrote:
Hi all, this is more out of curiousity.

Markups can't flow beyond the end of a score (horizontally) and widen
the score if necessary:

\version "2.19.82"

{
    c'1 -"This is a long text that widens the score because it can't protrude."
    c'1
}

Is there a possibility to override this behaviour so that the score is
just spaced naturally and the markup just goes as long as it needs?
Hi Urs, I've achieved this in the past by overriding the final barline stencil,
combining it with a spacer markup to push it to the left.

Hm, I'm afraid this is too specific for my use case. Another workaround I could imagine would be using \stopStaff and spacer rests after the final barline. But I'd be interested in a more general solution where LilyPond would just ingore the markup for the spacing of the score.

Urs

--
Mark Knoop