Re: Edition engraver verbosity

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Edition engraver verbosity
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 08:41:05 +0100

Hi Andrew, Urs,

Am 17.03.19 um 13:07 schrieb Urs Liska:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Am 17.03.19 um 12:34 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
>> Voluminous output of
>>
>> trying
>> \break
>>
>> hundreds of lines.

yes, this message is annoying ...

> OK, now I see what you mean.
>

>> I just commented out the ly:message call, but I think a switch would
>> be good.
>

> I find the message "trying \break" pretty useless without any context
> (like measure number, context and input location), so I have the
> impression this is just a development debut message randomly forgotten
> to be commented out.

and yes, I forgot to comment it.
I'll push a fix soon.

> I think a switch would be good (=> should be implemented using
> (getOption '(edition-engraver debug-messages)) (or any other useful
> option name list). But only if the produced output is of actual use.
>
> Another suggestion would be to replace ly:message with oll:debug here.
> What do you think, Jan-Peter?

For now I'd just leave it commented out. I inserted it while coding and
testing the broadcast event part.
If we need that information again, it shall be an optional log message
containing measure and moment.

BTW I noticed some action around the EE and especially around the
documentation recently - thank you very much :-)
I hope that my schedule allows to take part again and to promote
development soon!

Best
Jan-Peter