Re: Reset bar numbers?

From: Guy Melançon
Subject: Re: Reset bar numbers?
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 08:15:40 +0100

Dear Valentin,

thanks so much for your quick and right-to-the-point answer. Thanks for suggesting to group both the mark and number reset into a single command. I'll have to dig a bit to see how I can have the mark wrapped into a rounded box (replacing the \default command using something that invokes \rounded-box \bold ?).

P.S. I saw there is a French list as well, I just thought my chances of getting an answer would be higher addressing it on the EN list. I might be wrong.

Best,
Guy
--
Be

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 7:33 PM Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> wrote:
On 3/19/19, Guy Melançon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Numbering bars is pretty straightforward. Now, I find it useful to also
> label parts of a score using letters (I do this using markups).

Greetings,
I assume you know about \mark ? That’s what it’s for:
http://lilypond.org/doc/latest/Documentation/notation/writing-text#text-marks

> What I want to achieve is to reset bar numbering to one when I reach a new
> part.

If I understand correctly, that would be something like :

%%%%%%%%

newSection = {
  \mark \default
  \set Score.currentBarNumber = #1
}

{
  b1 b b b \break
  b b b b \break
  \newSection
  b b b b \break
  b b b \newSection b \break
  b b b b \break
  b b b b
}

%%%%%%

Furthermore, do you happen to know that we have a French-speaking
mailing list? You’re welcome to subscribe there: