Re: Markup wrap at the end of the line

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Markup wrap at the end of the line
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 18:06:16 +1100

Hi edes and Urs,

I don't think wordwrap is what the OP wanted. Can't you just manually split the long line of text, as per MWE here?

I still think this is a bad engraving choice, especially if it is over a page break. Maybe a footnote would serve better? How long is the text we are talking about?

I won't argue with what people want, but when it is outside the normal paddock on the farm, you generally have to manually adjust this sort of thing.

Andrew

%======
\version "2.19.83"

{
  c''1 c'' c''
  ^\markup \override #'(line-width . 20) \wordwrap {
    This will be wrapped
    to some line-width
  }
  \break
  c'' c'' c''
}

{
  c''1 c'' c''
  ^\markup \override #'(line-width . 20) {
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,
  }
  \break
  c''
  ^\markup \override #'(line-width . 20) {
    consectetur adipiscing elit.
    Ut lacinia enim a mi malesuada,
    vitae aliquam augue porttitor.
  }