Re: prall / mordent with accidentals

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: prall / mordent with accidentals
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 02:38:06 -0400

Hi Gianmaria,

> What's the standard way to engrave a prall/mordent with accidentals?
> I found online these two solutions but would like to know if there is
> anything more "standard".
>
> mordentsharp = \mordent _\markup { \tiny \sharp }
> {a2^\mordentsharp}

That combines a Script (articulation) with a TextScript (markup), which isn’t
my favourite solution.

I would try something more like this:

\version "2.19.82"

mordentsharp =
  -\tweak Script.text \markup {
      \override #'(baseline-skip . 1.25) \center-column {
      \fontsize #-2 \sharp
      \musicglyph #"scripts.mordent"
  } }
  -\tweak Script.stencil #ly:text-interface::print
  -\tweak Script.X-offset #-0.3
  \mordent

{ c'1\mordentsharp }

That way, it’s all one Script, which can then be manipulated as one, if
necessary.

> P.S. The first one put the sharp above the mordent. How can we put it below
> the mordent?

Just flip the position of the \sharp and \musicglyph in the function.  =)

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info