Re: Nested tuplet across tuplets

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Nested tuplet across tuplets
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 19:18:45 +1000

Hello Damian,

Thanks for your effort. But look here:

\version "2.19.83"
{
  \override Score.TupletBracket.bracket-visibility = ##t
  <<
    {
      \time 1/8
     % \once \omit TupletNumber
      \tuplet 5/4 {
        s32 s s
        \tuplet 5/4
        {
          \stemDown
          g'32[ 32 32 32 32]
        }
        s s s
    \\
    {
      \tuplet 5/4 8 {
        g'32[ 32 32 16]
        d16\rest 16[ 32]

====
The tuplet brackets are not all all what I need - refer to the image. Sure, I could mess with the bracket extensions and so on. But this solution, although clever, is tedious and fiddly (no disrespect intended) and I have dozens of these to engrave, so it's not very fluent.

At this stage I would be prepared to say this is not possible in lilypond (and I am more convinced it's far too idiosyncratic even as far as modernist music goes).

Andrew