Re: Table of Contents in Two Columns?

From: Solomon Foster
Subject: Re: Table of Contents in Two Columns?
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 21:31:07 -0500

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 6:05 PM Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
Unfortunately the latter. LilyPond isn’t equipped for that kind of text
processing; while markuplist can be used for pagebreakable markup, there
is no way of directing it into columns other than hard-coding breaks,
splitting it up and using \line or \table markup (list) commands.

Your best bet to actually do this would be modifying paper size and/or
line-width for the book-part or book in which you have the TOC and using
external tools to produce the two-column layout.

I actually ended up doing a bit of coding to extract the data from "standard" one-column index in the PDF produced by Lilypond, fed the data into LaTeX to produce a nice-looking two column version, and then splicing in my index in place of the one in the Lilypond PDF.  It seems to be working like a charm for me.

Thanks for the advice,
Sol

--
Solomon Foster: address@hidden