Re: Fermata with text

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Fermata with text
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 16:24:17 +0100

On 04.11.19 15:58, Andrew Bernard wrote:
What is the best way to create some sort of command or function to make a fermata with arbitrary text above, passed as a parameter?

See attached image for example. I have many of these, with variable text, and it would be great to streamline this, especially when I have to offset the position for various reasons.

How about this for a start?

\version "2.19.83"

fermataWithMarkup =
#(define-event-function (mrkp) (markup?)
   #{ ^\markup\center-column { $mrkp \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" } #})

{ 1\fermataWithMarkup "2" }

Best, Simon