Re: Centering wordwrap-lines text?

From: Solomon Foster
Subject: Re: Centering wordwrap-lines text?
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 15:05:34 -0500

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 09:42:57 -0800
From: Aaron Hill <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

On 2019-11-04 9:18 am, Solomon Foster wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Next problem to tackle for my tunebook project is one which seems
> simple
> and small but has utterly stumped me.  If I've got a block of text,
> something like this:
>
> \markuplist {
>     \wordwrap-lines {
>         Composed while playing the fiddle on board an airplane.
>     }
> }
>
> How do I center the text under the tune?  (The text may be long enough
> that
> wordwrap is actually needed, BTW.)
>
> My few attempts at this that seem to have correct syntax seem to center
> it
> on the edge of the page or something weird like that.

%%%%
\version "2.19.83"

\markup \fill-line {
   \center-column \override #'(line-width . 50) \wordwrap-lines
   { Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer
     volutpat tincidunt libero, a malesuada sapien scelerisque sed.
     Phasellus sed placerat est. Mauris fringilla dignissim nulla.
     Cras vitae elit a tellus egestas aliquam. }
}
%%%%

While \center-column will take care of aligning the individual markups
from \wordwrap-lines, it is the use of \fill-line that will ensure the
overall markup is centered on the page.

Thanks!

 And the  \override #'(line-width . 50) is just to make the lines shorter?  It looks like it works without it, centered but much wider.

--
Solomon Foster: address@hidden
HarmonyWare, Inc: http://www.harmonyware.com