Re: How can I increase the distance between grouped staves

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: How can I increase the distance between grouped staves
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 19:17:11 +0000

On 11/9/19, 6:13 AM, "Karsten Reincke" <address@hidden> wrote:

    Dear Friends;

    and (hopefully) a last question before I can gove something (hopefully)
useful to
    the community:

    How can I increase the distance between grouped staves (meaning: the
distance
    after the automatically computed linebreak ?)

This is the system-system-spacing variable.  You can read about it here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-paper-variables

They show an example of the system-system-spacing being adjusted.

You may not see changes when you make small changes to the variables, because
it is often true that the spacing between systems is actually larger than the
specified spacing because the systems are stretched out to fit evenly on the
page.

You can see the changes more clearly if you set ragged-bottom to #t.

HTH,

Carl