Re: How stable is 2.21?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: How stable is 2.21?
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 13:22:41 -0800

On 2019-11-10 7:55 am, Peter Toye wrote:
As I'm running Windows it looks like I'm stuffed until 2.21 is
released. Any ideas when this might happen?

An option on Windows is to use the Windows Subsystem for Linux. In this way, you can run the Linux version of LilyPond, which would include the possibility of building from source.

I have not tried building yet, but I use WSL running the 2.19.83 bits available on the web site. Mind you, my workflow may be somewhat unique. For instance, I use Visual Studio Code as my IDE as opposed to Frescobaldi, so I likely have more flexibility in being able to run LilyPond via WSL.

Even still, hopefully this additional data point can help you land a good solution for your situation.

-- Aaron Hill