Polymetric Polyphonic Notation: Only Show Initial Time Signature.

From: Kale Good
Subject: Polymetric Polyphonic Notation: Only Show Initial Time Signature.
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 17:05:12 -0500

Hello List Serve,

I'm trying to typeset an Argentinian Waltz that alternates between \time 3/4 and \time 6\8 with multiple instruments. I would like to display both time signatures at the beginning of the piece and I've set different default beaming for the different time signatures. I would like time signature changes throughout the piece to be invisible.

The best way I can figure to do this is to set default beaming for different time signatures via TimeSignatureSettings. Then change time signatures as necessary, preceded by \omit Staff.TimeSignature.

However, then I need to go through each voice and put in an omit. Not a big deal, but is there a way to place this in my \global settings? Right now, if I do that, it won't print the initial time signature.

Thanks,

Kale

--

Kale Good
Good Music Academy

Facebook
Google+
Read my article "The Seven Secrets to Six String Success" at GuitarNoise.com