Re: drawing a range reguardless of transposition

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: drawing a range reguardless of transposition
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 10:28:04 +0100

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 10:40:17AM -0800, Aaron Hill wrote:
> On 2019-11-28 9:27 am, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> > >
> > > What compatibility are you needing?
> >
> > As I've used the old function in existing scores, I'd like
> > to avoid changing them all to use the new function. That's
> > the kind of compatibility I'd be needing.
>
> Forgive me, but did I not invent that function only two weeks ago?  How busy
> have you been to have used it in so many scores?!  (:

$ git grep -c highlightOutOfRange
Sidewinder/sidewinder.ly:4
SoDancoSamba/sodancosamba.ly:4
Summertime/summertime.ly:4

> But, really, it should involve little more than a find-and-replace to
> convert the older usage to the newer.  Here's a bash script to do the work:

Uhm, I might be still not getting the 2.18.2 compatibility, as this
is what I get:

  warning: type check for `color' failed; value `#<Prob: Music C++:
Music((origin . #<location  (position unknown)>) (void . #t))((name .  Music)
(types general-music)) > ' must be of type `color'

When using:

  altoRange = \override NoteHead.color = \highlightPitches outside
\altoDesignedWrittenRange

Top lines of the highlightPitches are:

  highlightPitches = #(define-music-function
    (parser location color method music)
    ((color? red) symbol? ly:music?)

--strk;