Re: Unconventional score and unwanted stray staff lines

From: David Bellows
Subject: Re: Unconventional score and unwanted stray staff lines
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 14:18:48 -0800

Hello everyone, I started this thread back in May and as far as I can
tell the main problem has not been added to the tracker. If it has
then I apologize for not seeing it. I also realize that this is a
purely volunteer project so I am not complaining that my peculiar use
case hasn't received the full attention I would like. I am grateful
for all the work everyone has done and for helping devise a workaround
for me.

As I was playing around with my software (summary: a program that
generates music and then automatically generates Lilypond files where
the Lilypond file is compiled without any human interaction so it has
to be able to handle some crazy, crazy stuff), I discovered a
situation that is not properly handled by the workaround. I fear that
fixing this will require a workaround for the workaround which feels
like a bad thing. But since I don't understand what's going on and I
don't understand the relationship between the minimal working examples
supplied by others and my original example, I have no idea if the new
problem is part of the original issue, part of the workaround, an
entirely separate issue that happens to be rearing its ugly head here.

As you'll see, the problem is incorporating a score that is
entirely/mostly rests into the previous workaround. Problems result.

So, I'm not sure what my next step should be.

Anyway, I've attached a Lilypond file. There are three different ways
to compile it, you just comment out the options you don't want. I've
attached the three resulting pdfs. I apologize for any extraneous code
and the way it is structured as I've kept it as close to my original
form as possible.

Thanks for any additional help,
Dave Bellows