Re: Custon MMR engraver - another issue

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Custon MMR engraver - another issue
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 11:05:05 +0100

Am Mo., 6. Jan. 2020 um 04:16 Uhr schrieb Craig Dabelstein <address@hidden>:
Hi again,

When using lilypond on the command line, and trying to engrave multiple files, the multi measure rest engraver is giving this error when it moves to the second file on the list:

/Applications/LilyPond\ 2.19.83.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond -dpoint-and-click -ddelete-intermediate-files --pdf *.ly

fatal error: symbol printMmrRange redefined

I've been using trial and error to try to find the problem but I really don't know where to look. Anh ideas?

Many thanks,

Craig

Well, I defined a custom context-property for this engraver and implemented a fatal error, if this property is redefined  Following the method in define-context-properties.scm.
You trigger this error if you compile multiple files containing the definition.
This is a security-net, we shouldn't throw it away.
We could avoid it, if we actually reset `all-translation-properties´, though, some time ago David K. warned to do so, iirc.
I have to admit I don't remember the reasoning, though usually he has good ones...

I'll think about how to circumvent the problem.

Cheers,
  Harm