Bass Clef Troubles

From: Ethan Sue
Subject: Bass Clef Troubles
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 16:17:18 -0500

When I put in:

\version "2.18.2"
\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    %Right Hand
    \new Staff \relative c'' { \clef bass  R1 R1 }
    %Left hand
    \new Staff \relative c, {\time 2/2 \clef bass \slashedGrace des8 c2}>>
}

for the right hand, there is a treble clef before the bass clef. I only want a bass clef at the beginning of the right hand. When I remove the "\slashedGrace des8", the treble clef goes away. How do I keep the slashed grace note but not have a treble clef in the right hand first?