Re: Lyric misalignment and beaming?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Lyric misalignment and beaming?
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 00:04:44 +0000

From: Arle Lommel <address@hidden>
Date: Monday, January 13, 2020 at 4:45 PM
To: <address@hidden>
Subject: Lyric misalignment and beaming?

Got a head scratcher here. Using 2.19.83, I’ve run into a problem where I *cannot* create a minimal example: The minimal example works exactly as it should and it is only in context where things fail, but I have no idea what actually makes them fail, so I have no idea how to make a minimal example.

Start with your failing example and comment out lines to make it smaller.

For example, you might comment out everything associated with multiple staffs, staffgroups, etc.

If the problem goes away, then you will have to investigate the relationships between the different staffs/staffgroups.

Another way is to comment out everything associated with different musical moments.

At some point, the problem will go away.  When it does, you can narrow in on the problem.

Getting to a minimal example is often hard.  But that’s what anybody has to do to solve a problem like this.

Good luck!

Carl