Re: How to increase shift dynamic and end of hairpin

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How to increase shift dynamic and end of hairpin
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 11:45:22 +0100

> Hi Guy,
>
>> You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!
>
> Well, ½ of each means I’m a total of 1.  ;)
>
>> I didn't want to say anything, but each of the three previous
>> suggestions worked for the MWE, but when applied to my score either
>> either did not work at all, or only worked for some of the areas
>> that needed the extended hairpin decrescendo. This function,
>> however, worked perfectly in all the places I used it.
>
> All the credit belongs to the brilliant and always-helpful David Kastrup.

It's kind of embarrassing after that accolade that this particular
solution (the \after function) is probably the least brilliant and
involved of all.  We probably should include it in LilyPond before any
of the tweaks done to it in response to "this doesn't work, agaaaaain"
reports gets lost.

--
David Kastrup