Re: [Scheme coding] turning a list into a markup/string

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: [Scheme coding] turning a list into a markup/string
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 18:00:40 -0500

Hi David,

> # goes into Scheme, and #{ goes into music mode then.

Yes, that makes sense in retrospect.

> If you write #{ then # goes into Scheme and Scheme has no idea what { is
> supposed to be.

And tells you so, in no uncertain terms.  ;)

> I've not fundamentally changed LilyPond's design.

Sorry… That was not meant to be a comment on your work — just pointing out that
Scheme is daunting enough to start learning without hearing that the main thing
you’re planning to wrestle with (at least in the short term) is made up of
"icky things".

> I've not really had much of a wrestling match with markup and their commands
> yet.

Perhaps once I’m more comfortable with Scheme I can start to wrestle with them,
and you can "tag in" when I’m pinned.

Thanks so much for all your help!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)