Re: turning a markuplist into a chain of [individual] markups or strings

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: turning a markuplist into a chain of [individual] markups or strings
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 09:47:40 -0500

Hi David,

> Uh, a markuplist typically _is_ a list of markups.  Except when it isn't
> (like when it is the result of calling a markup list command).  But when
> it isn't, you can only turn it into a list of stencils.

Hmmm… So in my function

#(define-markup-list-command (diffints layout props mus) (ly:music?)
   (interpret-markup-list layout props
     (map (lambda (d) (if (zero? d) "0" (format #f "~@d" d)))
       (let ((muspst (map ly:pitch-semitones (music-pitches mus))))
         (map - (cdr muspst) muspst)))))

how can I output something where I can throw it into a Lyrics context and have
it spaced out one element per note?

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)