Re: Odd Behaviour: \break after \repeat

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Odd Behaviour: \break after \repeat
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 19:37:34 -0600

On Thu 23 Jan 2020 at 21:03:40 (+0100), address@hidden wrote:
> […]
>   Test Test, Test, Te -- st }
> […]
> When I compile this, Lilypond outputs this weird double-hyphen as if it
> actually inserts an empty syllable where there should be none.
>
> Strangely, if I remove the "\break" after the "\repeat"-command, it outputs
> a single hyphen like it should.
>
> Is this a bug or what am I doing wrong?

No bug, nothing wrong. You've hyphenated the lyrics "Te" and "st";
LP will print enough hyphens to fill the space between the two
syllables. If "Te" was set to a melisma extending over several lines,
LP would print lines of lyrics consisting entirely of hyphens until it
reached the syllable "st".

Cheers,
David.