Y-offset issue on TupletBracket

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Y-offset issue on TupletBracket
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 21:33:18 +0100

Hello,

From what I see, Y-offset gives weird results on a TupletBracket

fakeRulerUp = { \once \hide NoteHead \once \hide Stem c'''''}
{
  %doesn't do anything
  \override TupletBracket.Y-offset = 5
  \tuplet 3/2 { c' c' c' } \fakeRulerUp

 % not only the middle line of the staff is ignored; it wants a negative value!
  \override TupletBracket.Y-offset = -5
  \tuplet 3/2 { c' c' c' } \fakeRulerUp
}

Has this been fixed in recent versions?
Note that the same bracket has other issues with other avoid-collisions properties (as I explained in the other threads). Then, the only stable property for it seems extra-offset.

Then I ask again: is there a way to fake it with a horizontal bracket? It would be *really* very useful...