Re: Viewing PDF output

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Viewing PDF output
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 12:54:28 +0100 (CET)

[breaking in the middle of music with no "proper" bars]
> I think this might actually be the issue.  Because I'm trying to create a
> Schenker graph, there are no bar lines in what I've coded.  So, Lilypond
> may not be able to segment the length appropriately, leading to the content
> continuing off the page.
>
> If that's correct, how do I tell Lilypond to make breaks according to the
> page constraints while still visually keeping to what a Schenker graph is
> supposed to look like?

You simply insert '\bar ""' (w/o the apostrophs) in the music effectively
telling LP it is ok to break here (because you create an empty barline).

When you you have several systems in your akkolade you have to make sure the
\bar "" happen at the same time in all systems.

> But if that's the case, how do I equalize the amount of space
> each note head takes (everything should be the same, regardless of length)?

That's a different question and not easily answered in one sentence. You have
read the Notation Manual on horizontal spacing and the many options available
to influence that?

Kind regards,
Michael
--