Re: Scheme Book

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Scheme Book
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2020 00:27:06 +0100

Am Freitag, den 31.01.2020, 17:48 -0500 schrieb Freeman Gilmore:
I use the old 19"  at 75% I See all   If you remove the menu on the right it should work it is the same as the on the left in size

OK, I think I understand the issue, which is a result of the responsive CSS design. And I see both your problem and the rationale behind the design decision of that documentation theme.

I attach screenshots from the home page because that has both TOCs on the left and on the right.

Screenshot 01 shows the narrowest state where the columns are displayed side-by-side. The main navigation is in the left column, the content in the center, and the TOC of the current page is in the right column.

If the screen width is reduced, the left-hand navigation is collapsed to the three-dash menu version, which has to be explicitly opened. The right column is still visible in that state.
The rationale here is probably that you need the right-hand TOC for the navigation on the current page, while finding *another* page is an explicit act. Also, when you read through to the end of the page you'll have the previous/next navigation.

Only when the screen gets even smaller (like on mobile phones) the right hand TOC is removed completely. Which is OK because in the end this is only a convenience function.

So I can see your problem, but after closer inspection I'd say the rationale of the design is pretty solid, and I don't feel like I should change anything.

HTH
Urs