Dots in TOC

From: Vaughan McAlley
Subject: Dots in TOC
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 23:40:11 +1100

Hi,

I’ve tried adding an extra line of description to the title within a TOC entry (it states the voicing of each choral movement). The last movement has a description longer than the title, so the dots don’t reach the title. I’ve tried overriding X-extents within the markup, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Vaughan

\version "2.19.83"

\markuplist \table-of-contents
\pageBreak

\bookpart {
  \tocItem \markup \left-column {
    "Quite long title of the first piece"
    "Short description"
  }
  \score { c'1 }
}
\pageBreak

\bookpart {
  \tocItem \markup \left-column {
    "Short title"
    % \override X-extent of this string?
    "Longer more detailed description of second piece"
  }
  \score { d'1 }
}

mySpacer = #(make-string 20 #\space)

\paper {
  tocItemMarkup = \markup \column {
    \fontsize #1.5 {
      \override #'(line-width . 120)
      \fill-with-pattern #1 #RIGHT .
      \concat { \mySpacer \fromproperty #'toc:text }
      \concat { \fromproperty #'toc:page \mySpacer }
    }
    \vspace #1.5