Re: LilyPond 2.19.84 installer on MacOS 10.15 (Hans Åberg)

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.19.84 installer on MacOS 10.15 (Hans Åberg)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 10:42:35 +0100

> On 27 Feb 2020, at 01:34, Arle Lommel <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hans,
>
> Thank you for providing this. It works great, except for one bug I found. It
> seems that when it’s installed it expects the file system to be using ISO
> Latin 1 rather than UTF-8.

I believe this is bug in the software that LilyPond depends on, MacOS sets
LC_CTYPE=UTF-8, and does not set LANG.

I use a script to call it from named ‘lilypond', which can be put in
/usr/local/bin/lilypond:
export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
exec /opt/lilypond/bin/lilypond "$@“

It can be created and installed as follows: In Terminal write (^D is <control
D>)
% cat > lilypond
export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
exec /opt/lilypond/bin/lilypond "$@“
^D

% chmod a+x lilypond
% sudo -s cp lilypond /usr/local/bin/lilypond

And 'rm lilypond' if you do not want to keep the script.