Re: 64-bit Mac build of 2.20 is now available!

From: Marnen Laibow-Koser
Subject: Re: 64-bit Mac build of 2.20 is now available!
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 18:48:55 -0400

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 6:43 PM Arle Lommel <address@hidden> wrote:
Glad my feedback seems to be useful.

[cutting a bit here]

Thanks, this makes sense.  I should be able to set the variables correctly (and actually, the lilypond "binary" in the app bundle is already a script that sets a few variables and calls the real executable, so putting a few more in there should not be a problem).

Great. Glad it seems solvable.

Yeah, if it's just a question of setting a few variables, it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

#2: Update.ly doesn’t work for me when invoked from Frescobaldi.

You mean convert-ly?

Yes. My mistake.

 I get this message about a bad CPU type when I run it from Frescobaldi.

Weird, I haven't seen that.  I'll try to reproduce.  What version of Mac OS are you running?

I’m running 10.15.3 on a 2016 13” Touch Bar MacBook Pro. I’m using Frescobaldi 2.20.0. I seem to recall there are problems with the more recent versions on the Mac.

Hmm, I can't reproduce this on Mojave on my 2018 MacBook Pro (with the same version of Fresco, FWIW).  Do you get this message with every file?  Do you have a sample LilyPond file that you can share with me?

Best,

Arle

Best,
--