Re: Peculiar behavior of barlines

From: Sami Amiris
Subject: Re: Peculiar behavior of barlines
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 06:48:04 -0700 (MST)

Werner LEMBERG wrote
>> The reason for the not minimal example is because each staff has its
>> own timing.  [...]
>
> Well, the problem at hand is not related to polymetric notation at
> all, AFAICS; you can use standard stuff also to demonstrate the
> problem...

Thank you for your response.

Ι respectfully disagree for one reason only: with the indicidual barlines
per staff, I could see that the inter-staff portion becomes the same as the
barline of the lower staff, never of the higher staff, when at the end or
beginning of a system. I do concur, now that I have received this messages,
that I could simply use just different barlines on each staff but without
the actual polymeter. I will do such an example to experiment, and will get
back here to report what I saw.

Thank you once again.