Re: Using Frescobaldi compile functionality from another program

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: Using Frescobaldi compile functionality from another program
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 18:08:34 +0100

Dear Pablo,

Il giorno gio 19 mar 2020 alle ore 17:25 Pablo Cordal
<address@hidden> ha scritto:
> What I need is to generate the pdf and midi file from visual basic directly.
> Is there any way I can use the compile functionality of Frescobaldi from
> visual basic?

"compile functionality of Frescobaldi" = LilyPond!
I don't know Visual Basic, but I am sure there is a way to run
external programs (see, e.g., [1] where Process.Start is mentioned),
so you should be able to run LilyPond on your (possibly temporary)
file from within your program.

Best wishes.
Davide

[1]