lilypond score in youtube video

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: lilypond score in youtube video
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 11:34:18 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I want to make some YouTube video's combining audio and Lilypond created pages. I don't mind to do some simple video editing manually, so not everything needs to be totally automized.

The idea is to output some png images from my lilypond score to use in my video editing software and synchronize the pageturns with a corresponding audio track. The audio may be created either from a MIDI track generated by LilyPond, or from a real human recording.

I am probably not the first person who tried this. So maybe you can share your experience?

Q1: What pagesize and staffsize do you recommend to use in my lilypond score? Does anyone have an example or template that works well?

Q2: On the commandline if I use the --png option, what resolution xxx do you recommend for the option -deresolution=xxx?

Q3: What good-enough-for-this-purpose audio and video fileformats and audio and video resolution/size should I use for such YouTube video's?

MT

P.S. I want to use such video's as part of my online musiclessons for my pupils. COVID-19 forces me to learn many new skills. Take care everyone. Hope everyone is well.