Re: Default accidental style with timing off

From: Fr. Samuel Springuel
Subject: Re: Default accidental style with timing off
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:35:26 -0400

> On 26 Mar, 2020, at 7:50 PM, Mark Stephen Mrotek <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Fr. Samuel.
>
> 1) The bar instructions are in printer's (curly) double quotes.

Sorry about that, my email client must have mangled them as they aren’t that
way in the original document.  I’ve attached the original below.

> 2) The timing = ##f may be incorrectly written/located. See:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/gregorian-transcription-template.

That line is equivalent to the \set Score.timing = ##f in that template, just
relocated to a context definition so as to facilitate putting all the settings
in one place.  I don’t like that template because of how it scatters the
settings in three places (a layout block which redefines several context
defaults, the \include statement, and the aforementioned \set statement) and so
I’m writing my own.  My intention is to have a single include file that will
apply *all* the necessary changes when used.  I’m also trying to eliminate the
\divisio… concept of gregorian.ly and instead using the more usual \bar
mechanism.

I’ll point out, however that the indicated template has the same problems with
accidentals.

Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey