Horizontal placement of first LyricText on a system

From: Benjamin Bloomfield
Subject: Horizontal placement of first LyricText on a system
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 11:19:54 -0400

I'm having an issue with the first lyric syllable of a line colliding with the shortVocalName, which I've set to be engraved to the right of the system start (by usingĀ \override InstrumentName.direction = #RIGHT) and I can't find in the manual how to configure how far to the left the first lyric syllable is allowed to go, or what the best way would be to prevent these collisions between the LyricText and the InstrumentName.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Benjamin Bloomfield