Re: lilypond score in youtube video

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: lilypond score in youtube video
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 11:42:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020, Karlin High wrote:

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 5:34 AM Martin Tarenskeen
<address@hidden> wrote:
I want to make some YouTube video's combining audio and Lilypond created
pages.

I think Knut Petersen's MKVIDEO works much like you've described. I've
used it for several score video projects.

<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-07/msg00234.html>
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-11/msg00095.html>
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-11/msg00098.html>

I investigated and tried some of the existing threads and projects. Never quite got them completely working, due to missing dependencies, differently named libraries and locations on my system, and slightly different personal wishes.

But I was able to get some ideas of how to get what I want. I now have found my own workflow using the different tools I have on my system (Lilypond, ffmpeg, imagemagick/convert, openshot) and created my first working video.

Thanks for the suggestions, you all.

--

MT